There are a long list of really great reasons… but here are the top 10 we think make the decision very easy.
Beautiful Weather. Typically characterized by bright sunny days and calm breezes, you’ll enjoy an average of 361 days per year of sunshine; the average high temps are 82 degrees, and average low temps are 63 degrees.
Innovation. Many large public and private companies have headquarters in the Tampa Bay area, and Tampa Bay’s entrepreneurial environment is gaining steam.
- Employment and Talent. The area is expected to experience one of the largest employment growths in the country. With thriving industries of tourism and leisure, the Tampa Bay area produces new jobs on daily basis – making it easier to find work. On the alternate side, Tampa Bay is ranked among the top 10 large metro areas for college-educated young talent on the move, and boasts a young pool of talented people aged 25 to 29.
- Education. Florida also ranks sixth in the nation for the percentage of students who score a 3 or higher on the AP exam at 23.9 percent, compared to the national average of 18.1 percent. Tampa Bay is also home to 25 colleges and universities with over 138,000 college level students.
- Activities Galore. Whatever type of entertainment you are looking for, Tampa Bay can provide, for locals and visitors alike. Fill your days with dining out, shopping, live music, markets and festivals and quaint coffee shop visits or outdoor activities such as golfing, cruises, water sports and fishing.
- Miles of beaches. Tampa Bay sits on the coast of West Central Florida and the area beaches have been rated among the best in the country! Wherever you are in Tampa Bay, a quick trip to the beach is an easy addition to your weekend agenda.
Events and Entertainment. As a resident, you’ll get to visit the local area attractions such as Busch Gardens Theme Park, The Florida Aquarium and the area museums like the Dali Museum on a frequent basis. Sports fans have easy access to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Rays, and the Lightning. What else, you ask? For art lovers… the Dali Museum in St Petersburg and the Tampa Museum of Art, and for concert lovers… Jannus Landing and MidFlorida Ampitheatre. There are so. many. options; we dare you to NOT be entertained!
- Healthy Lifestyle. With all of the yoga studios, health clubs and outdoor sports and recreation, no wonder Tampa was rated one of the Top 10 cities nationwide for Healthiest Lifestyle.
- Great Location. The tri-city area, which includes Tampa, St. Petersburg, and Clearwater, is centrally located on Florida’s west coast about an hour away from Orlando, less than an hour away from Sarasota, and about 2 hours away from Naples.
Military Support. Tampa Bay is home to MacDill Air Force Base, the only military installation that hosts two, four-star Combatant Commands, the U.S. Central Command and U.S. Special Operations Command. MacDill contributes $5 billion annually to the greater Tampa Bay economy.